I'm kind of a loser when it comes to Halloween....I used to go to a friend's party in Texas, in fact last year I flew back for it, but this year I just didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. I have been working every Friday night at football games since the beginning of September, but the game tonight was cancelled, so I am at home watching tv and working on blogs. I have also been tagged by Antoinette (aka clevergirl...and she really is!) to do a 7 random things meme...
1. I am a really good speller - no really! I competed in the Oregon state spelling bee twice and would have done it a third time but I had to go off to college. I finished in 2nd or 3rd place one year (it's been a while, I don't remember)...I still grammer and spellcheck (and often retype) my teaching partner's work (at his request!).
2. My favorite movies are action movies (my favorite is The Italian Job) and I mostly hate chick flicks. I think this is because I am an embittered old maid who thinks that love stories are unrealistic and dramatically increase the divorce rate. I passionately hate The Notebook with every fiber of my being. On the other hand, give me Orlando Bloom in any movie and I'll swoon away....
3. My original major in college was interior design. I loved parts of it, but unfortunately soon discovered that I have a low tolerance for bad taste and had a hard time taking my classes seriously when my classmates were named "Buffy." Yeah. Her actual name. That her parents gave her. On purpose.
4. I spent Thanksgiving of my sophomore year in college at a friend's house where I was hit on by a guy whose GIVEN name was "Bubba" and where the topic of conversation at dinner was a debate on the best way to effectively kill a chicken. Definitely the most culturally interesting vacation I've ever experienced.
5. My mom made me learn to sew when I was in elementary school for 4-H. I was mad because I wanted to raise cows instead, and whined and complained a lot. It wasn't until I was in college that I started to get back into sewing, and it has only been in the last few years that I have started to truly expand beyond fixing buttons.
6. I learned to drive when I was like 10 or 11, because my dad is a farmer and that's when I was old enough to reach the pedals. I drove farm trucks, tractors, combines, etc, and I learned to shift gears pretty well. Consequently, when I got "my" first car, a Ford truck (that's right...I'm a country girl....) that had something stuck in 1st gear, I could successfully drive it without 1st gear...and that baby was smooooooth. =)
7. I started blogging a little over a year ago because I had moved far, far away from my best friends. I have learned a lot and met a lot of cool people, who have given me support and often cheered me up when I was friendsick (like homesick). Yea for computers!! =)
So...here are some of those friends...tag, you're it!
Bethany at Bethany Haile photography
Colleen at Anything But Nice
Julie at Keeping Up With the Chrestes'
Nikki at Whimsy Love
And anyone else who wants to participate....no pressure.