5.17.2009

Quick Question

Ok, I'll be back soon, I promise. I worked three track meets last week, but there are only 25 school days left, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I do have a quick question for anyone who's out there and still reading this (I lost some followers...sigh). I received some free fabric recently and included in the large stack is quite a bit of (I'm guessing) 70s era polyester. It is all different colors and pretty heavy. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to use it for? I have quite a lot of it.

Yes. Everything in this pile is POLYESTER. Some pieces are 3-4 yards long.

8 comments:

Antoinette said...

Clothes! Haha. I would suggest harem pants or a western-style shirt. Haha again. A winter knit dress or skirt perhaps? I know what vintage heavyweight polyester is like and I can't think of anything else I would make from it. (Though I do 90% of my sewing on wovens, so I guess that explains my lack of ideas.)

Aunt Spicy said...

So jealous! Free fabric is the best! Go for a quilt! I have a funky fresh quilt that my great grandmother made out of heavy polyesters. I adore it and it actually is really, really warm!

Anonymous said...

Well, polyester is stretchy and durable, you could either cover some kind of furniture with it or maybe make big floor cushions. The kind kids love to lay on. Even if it takes a while to use it up, free fabric is always fun!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I like the pillow idea--I was going to suggest making cushions for lawn chairs--of course, you'd have to take them it if rain was predicted!

Me said...

plyester makes a great comforter top...and lasts FOREVER.

beagoodmom said...

seems like anything looks good as a stuffed animal/softie. I also used some cheap gray polyester to make back of the seat car organizers for my van. The kids are always jamming their feet into the little organizer pockets, and still they have not ripped. Plus, the wet boots don't come thru polyester like they would cotton.

Darling Petunia said...

I'd make freebie toys to give away...like The Toy Society.

Anonymous said...

I have total polyester envy. Dangit--you hit the motherlode. :)