8.09.2008

Feeling Bluesy

I am sort of at the point of the summer where I don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to read, I don't want to go anywhere, I don't want to sew, I don't want to craft, I don't want to clean house, I don't want to work out, I don't want to talk on the phone, I don't want to lesson plan, nothing. I think, like a little kid, I need a set schedule and I don't do well without one. I did finally sort of tidy up the living room a little bit. I also finished sewing a shirt and a pair of pants (I HATE zippers) and cut out a bag - and then realized I screwed it up, so I threw it in the corner. Argh! No pictures though....I don't do self-portraits or any other kind if I can help it.

I am a little proud of myself though, I don't really like to sew clothes because....well mostly because I'm lazy, but I have been very inspired by a couple of blogs this summer, especially clevergirl.org and wardrobe refashion, so I am trying to work on that. With practice, I will get better. Maybe when I can sew cotton without episodes of violent cursing, I will consider moving on to other more exciting fabrics. =)

1 comment:

Antoinette said...

You're sweet for the shout-out! I have also felt very, very blah these past few weeks about sewing in particular, and I'm a little behind on blog-reading. But I am still refashioning for the rest of my "2-month pledge". Maybe down time is perfect? Time to restore the creative juices? :)