8.10.2008

Finally!

I finally got motivated! I screwed up almost every single thing I worked on, but I did something!! I started with something easy... a pillowcase dress that I think turned out really pretty. I didn't do a traditional pillowcase dress, I threaded the ribbons through the armholes instead of around the neck, and I like the way it looks. And in addition, I didn't have to roll the hem around the armholes...which I HATE doing. Woo hoo!! It's posted on etsy.com if you want more info...

Then, I put together another Gracie Backpack, which is also posted on etsy. I love the colors together and have had the material for a while, so I pulled it out and looked at it, and then realized that the purple material is actually kind of directional, and I of course hadn't gotten the right cut of the fabric. Grrr. So, I had to piece things together, and cut two equal pieces for the shell....and then realized that due to the flap, the seam would not be at the bottom of the bag, but partway up the back. ARGH! Oh well, it all worked out all right. I am getting better at these and I like the way this one turned out. Very sparkly. After sewing the last button on and admiring it, I then realized that since the lining is flannel, I should have prewashed it, because it will shrink if it is washed. Sometimes I get so frustrated doing this it makes me want to poke my eye out.

I also forgot to post this from yesterday. I saw a girl carrying a bag like this and liked hers, so I bought a rug at Big Lots and tried my own. I am not sure how I feel about it yet. I like how heavy duty it is and the fact that it has some give in it, but not too much. On the other hand, I am not a huge fan of the color and I wish the handle was a little different. I am going to let it sit for a while, maybe it will grow on me.

No comments: