7.07.2009

Selfish Sewing 1

It figures that when I have a post I need to leave up for a while, I end up with like 6 projects backlogged that I want to post about.

I have been having some trouble this summer trying to relax. For whatever reason, I just can't seem to let my brain sign out of school. I certainly WANT to let this year go. BELIEVE ME. As a result, I have been going through a bit of a funk sewing-wise. So, I started to think about it, and realized that deep down, I really wanted to sew just for me. The things I make are almost always given away or sold (although less of the selling right now...sigh...), and I really just want to make some things for me. So...I did. My laptop is oversized (accidental...I'll probably never do that again) so it is impossible to find a laptop bag to carry it around in. I pulled out a dark navy blue narrow-wale corduroy and some awesome orange and gold quilter's cotton and went to work. I really should have made this a tutorial it was so easy, but oh well...maybe I'll make another one.
I didn't make the flap quite long enough, but the closure is completely intentional. I didn't want to use velcro and I have been longing to use more grommets, so this is what I came up with.
I really really like this bag, and like I said, SUPER easy. I plan on using it in a couple of weeks for a class I'm taking....along with the great messenger bag I made myself today. I'll post about that tomorrow.

Hope your summer has been relaxing so far!

No comments: