10.18.2009

Mojo Dyin'

I haven't been able to sew for a month.

A MONTH.

I broke my arm exactly one month ago tomorrow. My arm aches and I have actually lost movement in one direction (although I have gained quite a bit back in the other directions). I am cranky, weepy, and tired. I graded papers for 19 hours this weekend. I feel as if all my creative juices have been sucked out of my body. I have to do three lesson plans for this week and I haven't even started them. I can't do my hair yet and it is driving me nuts.

Right now I am feeling whiny and a bit sorry for myself. Hope to be back soon.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

I hear ya! I hurt my back 9 months ago and it was only supposed to take "7-10 days" to heal...I had to take a sewing hiatus but I'm back now. Even though I still have back pain it's generally getting better (this is after PT, chiropractic, acupuncture, visits to orthopedic docs, etc). It is incredibly frustrating to have mobility compromised and not be able to do simple things (for me, it was the inability to put on socks that threw me over the edge). I still struggle with things now. Keep your chin up and stay positive. You're in my thoughts!

Antoinette said...

Girlfriend, your days were hectic without the extra complication of an immobile arm. I wish I were there to help you grade your papers or something. I know it's hard to be away from something creative like sewing. Maybe you can focus on photography for a little while... xo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I hope things get better for you soon!

Just say Julie said...

awwww. sad for you CL. I may just have to send you a little mojo reviver package.