I am hoping to be able to sew this weekend, we shall see. Meanwhile, while I've been out of commission, I've been reading a lot of blogs and doing a lot more poking around on the internet. So I wanted to post a couple of cool things I've seen hither and yon.
- I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of PurseBlog. I am learning all kinds of new designer names and have actually watched NUMEROUS slide shows from fashion week. (Alexander McQueen, anyone?? Those shoes are unbelievable, and digitally designed fabric is so awesome!) I have a lot of new ideas, whether or not they pan out remains to be seen.
- Speaking of purseblog, I almost don't want to tell you this, but they are having a giveaway there, a Katherine Kwei purse. I am only telling you for informational purposes only, don't you dare enter, you'll reduce my chances of winning and as a teacher, when else will I have a chance to own a high-end bag? Seriously. This one is my favorite. I firmly maintain that GRAY IS UNDERRATED.
- I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Daily Candy. One of their recent posts was on Malou bags. Seriously, how could you not love these? I'm not even a fan of big bags and I love them.
- I love being able to vote on Project Runway designs on Craftstylish. And on purseblog. And on Lifetime. Which is also, incidentally, where I watch Project Runway, since it is on TOO LATE.
- Check out these shoes that Tina over at glam.spoon made. Aren't they freakin' awesome? They make me actually want to wear pointy toes and heels. Er....I didn't ask her if I could use her picture. Sorry Tina....I owe you.
- When I was teaching in Dallas, I was matched with a mentor teacher my first year. We became good friends and she had a lot of influence on my teaching style. Apparently, I had a little influence on her too.....look what she's doing! Way to go Sarah!!!! (She's self-taught!)