- I couldn't sew for so long that I had a hard time getting my mojo back
- I spent quite some time making tshirt blankets, which is all well and good, but not that creative for me anymore
- I was making Christmas presents, which could not be posted
- I have no models for the above-mentioned Christmas presents and clothes look so blah when not on a model
- I didn't make anything sewn for my parents this year
- And.....I was going through a bit of a blog drought
You can choose whatever excuse you like...they're all true.
If anyone is still out there, thanks. You're my favorite reader, no matter what the others say. =)
I made calendars for my parents for Christmas, which took a tremendous amount of time (and ink!). The only sewn thing I made was a wallet for my dad, which didn't work quite right, so I have to remake it. It is very unexciting, so I have no pictures of it.
I made a bunch of skirts for my niece and am hoping to have a friend take pictures with her daughters as models tomorrow. If she does, I will show those as soon as I can. I am a little proud of the skirts, I think they're adorable and they're a good way to use up some of my stash fabrics.
I also made this little purse for one of my best friends. She wanted a foldover purse, and this was my first attempt. I have a couple more done that are slightly bigger, but this was take one. I do like it, but it is a little small....it's wallet sized, roughly, maybe a little bigger. I didn't buy anything, it is totally from the stash, even the button. The colors are a bit wonky, it was dark in my house when I was trying to take pictures. It is actually a very light butter yellow (real butter, not the fake stuff) creamy corduroy with a mossy green print on the inside.
By the way, has anyone else noticed that the energy-saving bulbs give out very yellow light? I like it for lighting because it is very warm, but it makes taking pictures indoors a beast. The colors are always really off for me.
I hope you had a fantastic Christmas....my new year's resolution? To be a better blogger.