12.30.2009

It's My Birthday - Again

I blame my parents for this awkward, between-Christmas-and-New-Year's birthdate which I have never once celebrated with a birthday party with friends on the actual date. On the other hand, I have never once had to go to school or work on my birthday. =)

I am writing this post ahead of time, so I am not sure what I am going to be doing....a trip to the museum or taking myself to a movie are two possibilities, or maybe making a purse for myself.
I did buy myself a little gift.....I walked into a calendar store and it jumped into my hand, I swear. I may or may not have spent 2 hours flipping through it last night. There are 313 different bags, some by high-end designers and some by unknown artists, spanning a length of time between the early 1800s and 2008. Anyhoo.....I won't be doing the big birthday extravaganza giveaway from last year, despite the fact that I will be turning 30 for the second time. But I do want to give you, my awesome blog buddies, a small token of thanks for sticking with me, despite the sporadic blogging and more than the acceptable amount of whining lately.
So if you would like to win this Wicked Witch bag, leave me a comment with what you like to do on your birthday. I'll draw one on New Year's day (Friday) sometime.
Thanks again for reading and good luck!

6 comments:

Antoinette said...

Happy Birthday! Wish I were there to force some kind of birthday socialization on you. LOL My b-day is August 20, which fell into that awkward week when friends were returning from camp/ vacation, buying school supplies and otherwise not focused on me, which they clearly should have been.

On my birthday, I treat my inner child more than usual with a trip to Toy Joy -- not for my son, but for me. I get to buy stuff I want. I like this tradition very much. :)

Julia said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Happy Birthday! On my birthday, I am happy to be with my family & have a quiet day. I like to spend the day crafting which is not much different from a regular day, lol!

Aunt Spicy said...

Happy birthday! One of these days I am going to start a support group for those with Birthdays on or near holidays!

chrissy said...

Happy Birthday! I am like you with an almost holiday birthday except mine is right after new years - Jan. 3rd. I am actually going to get to see my parents on my birthday for the first time in many years which is absolutely awesome! For my birthday, I like to either go out and get my favorite food or order it in, spend time with my husband and anyone else who will visit (like my parents) and relax. Playing the most anticipated video game that I received for Christmas is also a must. I am probably too late for the giveaway but I thought I would try!

Christy said...

thanks for playing..I am closing this now! =)