5.16.2010

Where I've Been

I have never, since I started this blog, even when I had a broken arm, gone this long without posting. And part of the reason is that I haven't sewed One Single Thing since the beginning of April.

I miss sewing, I really do, but as a teacher, this is the craziest time of the year, and I honestly haven't had time. In addition, my New Year's Resolution this year was to eat healthy for real, and I have been participating in a Biggest Loser competition at my school, which means I have been doing things like cooking and working out, which is great, but time-consuming. =) I've lost about 25 pounds since January though, which makes me quietly happy - and I feel better inside, and I feel better about myself. I am NOT to the point of posting pictures of myself yet, but there's less self-hatred when I catch a glimpse of myself in a window.

The cooking thing is going well, though. My mom gave me a subscription to a fantastic magazine called Clean Eating last year, and I am a HUGE fan. I love that the recipes are super simple and I love the entire premise of eating un-processed food (well, I may process it by cooking, but I do it myself) and learning HOW to read labels and HOW to cook healthier. This is different than a diet, which is why I think it has been working for me.
Anyway, I can't recommend this magazine enough, I have liked everything I have made from it and I love that all the ingredients are regular things you can find in any grocery store or farmer's market. I have never really liked cooking, and for the first time I actually do like it, thanks to this magazine. Here's the link, if you want to check it out, or you can get it at larger supermarkets or Costco.

PS - I was not paid for this, I just really like this magazine. =)
PPS - I realize that I sound slightly crazy in this post. =)

12 comments:

Me said...

Reading this post doesnt make me think you sound crazy, not even slightly! : ) however, reading this post does make me feel very happy for you and proud of you! Being healthy takes work, and losing weight in a healthy way takes commitment! So here's me, shaking some virtual pom, poms for you! Way to go!!!

奎峰 said...

Subtlety is better than force. ..................................................

韋于倫成 said...

Dexterity comes by experience. ....................................................

Darling Petunia said...

Christy, darling, you won my book giveaway! :) Drop me a line with your address and I'll send them out soon!

DarlingPetunia@aol.com

惠玲惠玲 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。...........................................................................

Antoinette said...

Dude! I haven't commented on this yet? I am really happy for you. Eating differently can have such a positive impact. I haven't blogged yet, though I probably will, that I went vegan about 6 or so weeks ago. I have some of my best (and most requested) recipes on Facebook if you're interested in trying any. :)

張孟勳 said...

很喜歡你的部落格風格,期待你的更新! ..................................................

兆以 said...

hello~nice artile..................................................

Darling Petunia said...

Hi, me again!

Did you email me your address? I might have missed it--I get lots of junk mail at this address!

darlingpetunia (at) aol (dot) com

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

you look great today..................................................

世禾 said...

來幫你衝一下人氣,幫你推推推......................................................................

江婷 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................