I bought some material a few months ago to make myself a school bag, but I wanted something a little different, so I waited until I had some ideas and had drawn up a plan. Here is the finished product. There are still a few bugs to work out, and it would hang better if I had a normal sized chest, but I still like it. The color is kind of wrong in some of these pictures, it is a moss green corduroy, lined with very light tan-colored linen, and trimmed with black and gold brocade ribbon.
My first college major was interior design, and my favorite class was drafting, so I tend to use graph paper to sketch out all my designs.
this is pretty close to the actual color
I am kind of proud of the top closures, the design is totally my own. I also borrowed an idea from a blog I saw recently (I can't remember which one, sorry!) and used hair elastics for the button closures. I also learned that you should not iron hair elastics.
I found some 3 packs of caribiners at JoAnns a while ago for a dollar a pack and used one of them for the connection ring.