I did make a few modifications. The chain handles are a bit pricey, so I replaced them with tapered fabric handles, and I put in smaller grommets on the sides, mostly because I didn't have the right size in silver. The sides are tied with some gray very narrow double-fold bias tape that I got from freecycle.
You may have noticed in the top picture that I added a button and loop as well, this purse seemed to gape open wider than the previous one and I forgot to add a magnet before sewing everything together. All I did when finished was slit the top stitching slightly, insert the loop, and topstitch it closed again. We'll see how it works when I use it.
Sorry for going dark for 2.5 weeks...I hate that.